:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 12 on 2010-08-03, 22:53
Clan Links
clan wikia hiscores runehead free forum

Share | 

Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 06:58

There has been some confusion regarding how to do certain things on these forums (upload pictures, movies, access the album feature, etc.). I am not going to write 50 pages of guides (i have better things to do) but if you post a question, I will attempt to assist you.

Also, I have unlocked this forum, to allow people to ask questions on the topics. Topics cannot be created except by the admin (not the mods). Sorry. Please comment on anything here you are confused about. The constitution (for those who don't know) is epicly important and should be read by all.
Back to top Go down
Anamona

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 07:21

What is the limit size of pictures (resolution) that people can post? If it's small enough can they just post the image? If it's big as hell can they just post thumbnail/direct link to it instead of posting the whole thing thus messing up the forums?
What are the quote limits per post? 2-3-4?
What about the language? How should you talk and how should you NOT talk?

WHAT ABOUT CAPS LOCK? And unbelievable amounts of question marks???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 08:39

Anamona wrote:
What is the limit size of pictures (resolution) that people can post? If it's small enough can they just post the image? If it's big as hell can they just post thumbnail/direct link to it instead of posting the whole thing thus messing up the forums?
What are the quote limits per post? 2-3-4?
What about the language? How should you talk and how should you NOT talk?

WHAT ABOUT CAPS LOCK? And unbelievable amounts of question marks???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You can post any size picture, but if it is too big, you should post it as a Thumbnail.

You can also resize the picture and upload it that way.

Quote limits? I dont see the need for quoting 10 people on same topic. But if you have mulitple pertinant quotes in one post, this seems acceptable.

Spam is outlined in the forum rules.
Back to top Go down
Anamona

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 11:00

People aren't very clear on what goes to the Off-topic forum and what goes to the General forum. Not even me, so can you make it clearer?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 12:19

Anamona wrote:
People aren't very clear on what goes to the Off-topic forum and what goes to the General forum. Not even me, so can you make it clearer?

General is regard to topics that involve runescape

Offtopic are regarding non-runescape topics (favorite food, Other games, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sinistral

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-07, 21:48

Is it possible for mods to sticky topics or only admins? Can I approve mah album or can that also be done only by admins?

Thought of something else, I was reading the forum rules and noticed that it's possible to make other user groups if one was to ask an admin. Is this possible, or too much trouble? I heard Hope got mad at Draz for asking for a special group because it was a pain to make. Razz

I just want you to know who I am

"*noms the world and spits it at jagex*" - A friend
Click here for my theme song.
Click here to see "The Movie" Click here for world peace. Click here... JUST DO IT! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-08, 09:45

Sinistral wrote:
Is it possible for mods to sticky topics or only admins? Can I approve mah album or can that also be done only by admins?

Thought of something else, I was reading the forum rules and noticed that it's possible to make other user groups if one was to ask an admin. Is this possible, or too much trouble? I heard Hope got mad at Draz for asking for a special group because it was a pain to make. Razz

As for stickying, It should be possible for moderators (cup used to do it). It is in the options function below your message text box. You select normal, sticky, announcement, global announcement, etc.

Creating another group is not particularly hard... Just takes a few minutes. As it stands, I see no need for another group though...
Back to top Go down
Sinistral

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-08, 22:47

Ah, but how can I approve my album? And I was mostly asking about groups out of curiosity. One day I might ask for a "Gamer Group" or something, just for entertainment's sake.

Thanks for the answers, now if only Nene would post asking her questions...

Click here to see "The Movie" Click here for world peace. Click here... JUST DO IT! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-09, 21:22

Sin.

As for the album. I believe I have fixed the issue.

Please test it Wink
Back to top Go down
Sinistral

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-09, 23:57

Cool! I uploaded a new pic and approved it! Awesome. How would I go about doing this for others, since there will most likely be an influx of new albums now? I'll look around tomorrow but I thought I'd ask now to maybe save me the trouble. Razz I'm guessing I can access people's albums through their profile and that I can approve or otherwise in the same way I did for mine, but what about new albums? I guess the user would need to post saying that they need approval or send a PM, am I right? Well, if you don't answer in time I'll dig around, but not til tomorrow (later today w/e).

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 07:21

Sinistral wrote:
Cool! I uploaded a new pic and approved it! Awesome. How would I go about doing this for others, since there will most likely be an influx of new albums now? I'll look around tomorrow but I thought I'd ask now to maybe save me the trouble. Razz I'm guessing I can access people's albums through their profile and that I can approve or otherwise in the same way I did for mine, but what about new albums? I guess the user would need to post saying that they need approval or send a PM, am I right? Well, if you don't answer in time I'll dig around, but not til tomorrow (later today w/e).

Thanks.

I have set it up so anyone can create an album, and approve their own submissions. Admin and moderator can moderat other's albums.

This allows you to delete any... inappropriate... uploads, and gives all users full use of the utility.
Back to top Go down
Sinistral

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 12:45

Very nice. Well that's all I got for a while, thanks much.

afro

Back to top Go down
Vodka_B

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 13:09

I tried to upload a picture and it said I needed to wait for a moderator...Am I doing something wrong? *puzzled*

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 13:16

You know where you pick "User's Albums" or "Personal Album"? To the right of that there should be an option called moderation. You can approve pictures there.

EDIT: I approved one of your cat pics, Vodka, but I left the other one so you could try to approve it yourself. It's the same pic though so I guess you tried to send it twice to see if it would work the second time. cyclops

Back to top Go down
Vodka_B

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 14:16

Sinistral wrote:
You know where you pick "User's Albums" or "Personal Album"? To the right of that there should be an option called moderation. You can approve pictures there.

EDIT: I approved one of your cat pics, Vodka, but I left the other one so you could try to approve it yourself. It's the same pic though so I guess you tried to send it twice to see if it would work the second time. cyclops

Aye, I did send it twice I remember...wondered where it went the first time because my browser crashed right after Razz
Also...no option of moderation...unless I'm being completely ridiculously stupid and it's staring me right in the face and I can't see it.

I've attached screenshots Very Happy so if it is staring me in the face please feel free to poke me with a stick or feed me a firelighter.

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 14:20

Yup, it is definitely not there, or maybe there's another way for users to approve their pics that I don't know about because I just used that option... well I'm sure an admin will take a look when one of them is here. Until then just be patient, and I have to say, that's a pretty cat. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vodka_B

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-10, 17:34

thank you Smile twice blue ribbon champion, my gideon hedonist sinatra of sinatra cats as a baby.

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-17, 10:44

YAY....
There is now a moderation button where it should be, and I was able to "delete" the duplicate stuff I uploaded in error.

Thanks to Ana, or who ever it is who fixed this. Smile

Sinistral

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-17, 10:51

That'd be Draz I believe. But thank Ana anyway, she's cool. Cool

Back to top Go down
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-17, 13:55

Glad I could help.
Back to top Go down
MsKonnan10

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-17, 18:43

Thanks Cros, for re-directing me to this site .

Thanks, Draz, for making it work smoothly now.

Vodka_B

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-17, 18:44

I found the moderation button too Very Happy Thanks whoever put it there =)

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-18, 04:07

Sinistral wrote:
... now if only Nene would post asking her questions...

I have no questions.
Back to top Go down
Draziw
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-18, 07:08

I feel so useless now.

I fix everyones problem, and they don't make new ones!
Back to top Go down
CupOfChips

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   2010-08-18, 07:26

Draziw wrote:
I feel so useless now.

I fix everyones problem, and they don't make new ones!
That's cuz they learn out of their problems ... cuz you fix them ... comprende?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.   

Back to top Go down

Need help doing something on the forums? Ask here for the answer.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next