Clan Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape Clan - Clan Quest - Home Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 30 on 2020-12-14, 15:07
Clan Links
clan wikia hiscores runehead free forum

Clan Constitution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draziw
Admin
Admin
Draziw

Clan Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Clan Constitution   Clan Constitution Empty2010-03-09, 09:17

THE CONSTITUTION OF THE
QUESTING CLAN
FOR RUNESCAPE

Founded by: The Draziw, Kappathegray, Sethron 666
Based off clan structures dating to May, 2009
Formal Clan founding November 4th, 2009
Constitution Dated January 15th, 2010

Revision By: The Draziw
February 7th, 2010

Approved at council, per past clan structure
February 12th, 2010

ARTICLE I- Official Change of Constitution

This Constitution shall serve as the Revised and written form of all previous Governmental Policies for the Questing Clan. The decisions, forum based policies, and actions of Clan Leadership were not formally organized, and as such have been gathered, and revised to meet the standards required in a document of this Import.

With its ratification and submission to The Clan Council Leaders of the Questing Clan, this revised constitution shall supersede all previous formal writings and serve as the primary text and legal authority for the operation and governance of the Runescape Clan Organization known as “The Questing Clan of Runescape”.

ARTICLE II- Name of Clan

The name of the clan shall formally be re-named “The Questing Clan of Runescape.”

The Questing Clan of Runescape shall also be informally recognized as “The Questing Clan”, “The QC”, “Clan Quest”, “The Runescape Questing Clan”, “The Quest Clan” or any other common association to the aforementioned names not specifically outlined in this constitution but recognized by the majority of The Questing Clan of Runescape’s members

Also, henceforth in this constitution The Questing Clan of Runescape shall be referred to as “The QC.”

ARTICLE III- Clan Purpose

The purpose of The QC shall be: (1) to promote comradery among its membership by sharing knowledge about, Runescape Quests, Runescape Diaries, and the Runescape game as a whole with no limitations or lack of inclusions. (2) to promote Clan Organization and Competition in any way that The QC’s Members decide is in their want. (3) to provide coaching and administrative support to all members of the QC. (4) to support any individual endeavors by a QC member, regardless of rank or standing. (5) to provide a community for its members that allows for safe and fun participation in social Runescape Activities.

ARTICLE IV- Official Clan Specifics

The Official clan specific for Clan Home World, Clan Chat, Clan Initials, and Clan Cape shall be determined by the governing body of The QC.

This information shall be posted on every formal thread of the QC, shall be provided to all new members, and shall not be changed without written formal notification.

ARTICLE V- Clan Forum Threads

At any one time there shall be no less than two (2) clan threads. One thread shall serve as the Clan- Recruitment thread, which will serve as the primary base for recruitment of members into the clan. Another shall be the Clan- Home thread, which will serve as the primary forum thread for inter-clan communication. Other threads may be created at the discretion of the Governing Body, and the clan’s members. Any Formal Thread must reference all other formal thread QFCs somewhere on the first page.
ARTICLE VI- Official Clan Logo

The official clan logo of the QC shall be the order of characters as followed.

……………………...,,•¬" "'^"' "¬•,,
……………...…….,-'¬…….:::::::;;;;;:'-,
…………………...,'……...:::::::;;;;;;;;;;',
…….,•--.,………..|¬¬……:;;:::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|……….,.--•,
…….^=,,*--,…….|………::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|……,--*,,=^
………...^=,..."-,...|…..:::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|...,-"...,=^
…………...^=,..."-,'-,:::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-',-"...,=^
……………...^=,,"-'````''''''''*^*'''''''''````'-",,=^
……………….|i|."•-.,,,,,,,____,,,,,,,.-•".|i|
……………….|i|.`…...:::::::::::::.;;;;;;;;;;;;|i|
………………|'i|......,,•¬" "'||"' "¬•,,:.;;;;;;|i'|
………………|'i|..,-'.ª›„¸.....||.....¸„‹ª'-,.;;;|i'|
……………...|`i|.,'........ ^›.„||„.‹^........'.;;|i`|
……………..|`i||.|..=====.||:=====.|.;|;i`|
……………..|'`i|.|.........„.‹^.||.^›.„......|..;|i`'|
……………..|'`i|..'-,.„..‹ª.....||........ª›..„';;|i`'|
`……………|''`i|…."•-.,,,,,,,||,,,,,,,-•";;;;;;|i`''|
`……………|''`i|……:::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`''|
`……………|''`i|…..:::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`"|
……………|'''`i|…...:::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`"'|
……………|'''`i|……...::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;|i`'''|
…………...|'''`i|……..:::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`'''|
…………...|'''`i|..:::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`"'|
…………...|'''`i|.:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`'''|
…………..|''''`i|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;|i`""|
…………./',,_._.._..,._…_..,.._…_..._.._._,,',\
…………./',,_._.._..,._…_..,.._…_..._.._._,,',\
::::::::::::::::,,•*°''ª^¤›.„¸¸„.‹¤^ª'''''ª^¤›.„¸¸„.‹¤^ª''°*•,,:::::::::
:::::::;‹¤^ª'ˆ›„¸¸„‹•*º*•›„.‹¤^.THE.^¤›.„‹•*º*•›„¸¸„‹ˆ'ª^¤›;
::::::ª^¤›.„.„•*°''ª^¤›.„¸..QUESTING..¸„.‹¤^ª'°*•„.„.‹¤^ª':
::::::„.‹¤^ª'/'ª^¤›.„¸/'ª^¤›.„¸:CLAN:¸„.‹¤^ª'\¸„.‹¤

The clan logo of the QC shall always be shown in Arial font, and may be used by any member of the clan.

The clan Logo shall serve as the forum banner for the QC, and will be present on all Formal QC Threads.

ARTICLE VII- Clan Organization Structure

The QC organization shall be composed of two bodies, the “Council” and the “General Clan”.

The QC General Clan shall serve as: (1) the legal term to describe the clan and all of its members, (2) the body which includes all governing persons and non-governing persons, and (3) Be used to describe the body at large when determining public issues that are brought before the clan as a whole to decide.

The QC Council shall serve as: (1) The body of actors, serving to govern the clan as a whole, (2) be composed of members of the General Clan, (3) Be held responsible for the continuing survival of the clan, and (4) Operate as outlined in this Constitution.

ARTICLE VIII- Government of Clan

The QC Government shall be the QC Cabinet. The QC Cabinet shall be composed of Two Councils, each council containing their own level of councilmen. The Upper Council shall be composed of QC Members holding the rank of General. The Lower Council shall be composed of QC Members holding the rank of Captain.

The Lower Council is responsible for the management of daily clan functions (ie. Clan Chat Management, Forum Bumping, and unofficial event planning and management, accepting/ denying of applications for membership) as defined by the high council's current policy at any given time.

The High Council is responsible for QC Operations including: All ranking of members, accepting/denying applications for war, planning and operation of Formal clan Events, and other functions above the responsibility of the Lower Council not specifically outlined.

ARTICLE IX- Council Officer Selection/ Removal

The QC Councils shall be organized as outlined in this constitution. The Officer’s of these councils shall be selected or removed as follows.

^ª''ª^¤›.„:
::‹•*'ª^¤›.„ˆ›„¸¸„‹•ˆª^¤›.„¸„‹•˜¨¨˜*•›„¸„.‹¤^ªˆ•›„¸¸„‹ˆ„.‹¤^ª'*•›
Generals: With exception of the clan creators, the general rank shall be granted to any captain, whom, has demonstrated exemplary loyalty to the clan, and the clan interests. This Captain acted as an example to all fellow clansmen, and has maintained active participation in the clan for a period exceeding three (3) months at a minimum. Coupled with these requirements, the Captain must then obtain a two-thirds (2/3)(67%) active suggestion of all generals, coupled with a two-thirds (2/3)(67%) approval of all generals in presence of the the General Clan. At no time may there be more than 1 active general per 10 clan members.

Captain: AMMENDED FROM BELOW- SEE AMMENDMANT ONE A player may obtain the rank of Captain in a few ways: (1) Have completed all Quests and Diaries presently available in Runescape at time of promotion, (2) hold the rank of Lieutenant for more than six [6] months, or (3) Holds the rank of Lieutenant and receives active suggestion from any four [4] captains, or any two [2] Generals.

Removal of rank for any officer requires a 2/3 vote of all person holding equal rank, or a ½ vote of all person in a higher ranking bracket. [ie. Captain Smith is bad. To be removed, ½ of the generals –or- 2/3 of the other captains must vote to remove their rank]

ARTICLE X- Other Ranks

Non-Council ranks shall be determined by number of Quest Points as follows:

Lieutenant: Obtained by completing all quest or all Diaries

Sergeant: Obtained by possessing 200 or more quest points.

Corporal: Obtained by possessing 100 or more quest points.

Recruit: Granted upon acceptance to clan. Probationary rank held by new members for period of three days. Members with less than 100 quest points maintain rank until 100 quest points are obtained.

Smile Face: Reserved for Past Members –or- Leaders of allied clans.

ARTICLE XI- Membership Requirements and Limitations

Membership Requirement and Limitations shall require that all members either: (1) Posses a Runescape membership, (2) Have previously maintained a Runescape membership within the last two [2] months, Or (3) Posses a minimum of fifty million [50m] total experience.

And that all members shall: (1) maintain the aforementioned requirements to membership, (2) maintain active play, as determined by the outlines of this constitution, and(3) properly represent the QC in all activities, QC sanctioned or not.

And that all members should but are not required to (1) attend as many clan meetings as possible, (2) actively participate when possible in any QC sanctioned events, (3) maintain a serious mind frame (4) demonstrate a desire to improve one’s Runescape skills especially in the field of Questing, (5) seek to recruit new members to the clan, and (6) Operate as a formal representative of the QC in all Runescape Endeavors.

Fulfilling the mandatory requirements aforementioned, a person shall be considered a member, and shall accordingly be due certain rights and privileges with the QC. These include: (1) the right to equal vote on Clan Issues placed before the membership at large, (2) The right to use the name of the QC in any forum signature, (3) the right to address themselves as a member of the QC during play, and (4) the right to request assistance from the QC for any Runescape needs, specifically with regard to clan competition.

However, if in the event that a person fails to meet the mandatory requirements previously mentioned, the QC reserves the right to deny membership. Only in special circumstance may a person be granted Membership if the aforementioned mandatory requirements are not met. If this person gets the approval of one-half (1/2)(50%) of the active generals in the clan, they may obtain the rank of recruit, but no higher.

If in the event that a person was previously a member but fails to meet the mandatory requirements aforementioned for any reason, The QC reserves the right to review the member’s case and revoke their membership at any time following this deficiency.

ARTICLE XII- Clan Rules

The QC shall function under a guideline of rules.

(1) All Jagex Rules Apply
(2) No Insulting/ Offensive Behavior
(3) No Spamming
(4) Conflict? Deal with it out of the chat!
(5) If during the process of being in the clan you change your name to something we deem inappropriate or offensive, you will be banned.
(6) All members must be actively present in the Clan Chat Channel (CC) during specified meeting times (most notably after the release of a new quest or diary).
(7) When new quests or diaries come out, all members should move to the clan home world, and join the cc.
(Cool Keep off sensitive topics if it becomes apparent you are causing conflict. Religion, politics, etc.
(9) Do not report other clan members for minor issues in the Clan Chat channel.
(10) No excessive Profanity

(1) First and Foremost of the QC Rules is the fact that all Jagex rules apply. Serious disregard or offense of Jagex Rules will be treated at the discretion of the witnessing officer. Policy of clan would suggest inter-clan policing, however, serious offenses should be reported to Jagex. All members should keep this fact in mind. Any member of the clan who maliciously disregards a Jagex rule will be reported.

(2) The Clan leadership will not tolerate Insulting/ Offensive Behavior. Our clan is designed to function as a community, and as such, should not be filled with negativity or antagonizing. We will warn or calm down people who become frustrated; we do not expect complete and utter perfection, however, we will not accept the behavior if it is common place. Each situation shall be handled at the witnessing officer’s discretion. Be warned, if it becomes an issue, you will be banned.

(3) Spamming shall be defined as excessive, unconstructive, or purposefully disrupt full messages in the clan chat channel. The QC Leadership will not tolerate this at all. If spamming occurs continuously, you will be kicked, and possibly banned. (ex. “@@@@@@@@” –or- “1111111111122222222222233333333”)

(4) We do not want argument in the Clan Chat. Any excessively abusive arguing shall be deemed insulting/offensive behavior, and is grounds for kicking from the Clan Chat Channel. If you have an argument with another member, feel free to ask a General or Captain for help, or deal with it in Private Message.

(5) When changing their name, a player should keep into consideration, they represent the QC. If a name is deemed in appropriate, the player may be banned until the name change is changed to something more appropriate. Generals hold the discretion to determine the appropriateness of a name.

(6) The purpose of the QC is to help with quests. When a new quest is out, join our cc. If you don’t, why are you a member of the QC?

(7) We have a clan home world so that we can better help each other. Please come to the present homeworld when a new quest or diary is released.

(Cool The QC does not have a specific group of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, political affiliation, or religion it associates with. It is ok to discuss your opinions or beliefs, but only if you do not become abusive or disruptive in doing so. Captains and Generals shall have discretion to determine if your becoming excessive.

(9) We are a community of friends. DO NOT Report another member to Jagex for a minor rule breaking without first contacting a General!

(10) Profanity has its place. The censors of Jagex allow you to say the word, and not offend anyone. It can be funny, but remember, some players are not old or experienced with the profane language. Speak in a respectful, non-offensive manor whenever possible.

ARTICLE XIII- Applications, Process of Acceptance and Rejection, Legal Formalities

The following shall be posted on the forums in their proper forum thread location as outlined in this constitution:

(1) Applications, (2) Letters of Acceptance for Membership, (3) Letters of Rejection for Membership, (4) Application for Alliance, (5) Letter of Acceptance of Alliance, (6) Letter of Rejection of Alliance, (7) Letter of Rank Update, (Cool Letter of Change for Clan Specifics, (9) Letter of Intent to Host Formal Event, (10) Letter of Roster Sweep, (11) Formal Notices, (12) Event Summary Notes, and (13) Clan Invitation,

(1) Application- Applications shall be submitted by non-members requesting membership into the clan. Submission of the Application shall be made on the present Clan- Recruitment Thread. The Application Form shall be as follows:

==========================================================
Runescape Name:
Total Quest Points:
Have You Completed All Hard Achievement Diaries?:
Combat Level:
Total Level:
Skills at 99:
Highest Non-99 Skill:
Did anyone recommend you, if so, who:
Are there any questions?:

Thanks for applying, someone will contact you in game soon.

(2) Letter of Acceptance for Membership- Granted evidence of accuracy of application is apparent, and the applicant meets all requirements for membership, the Letter of Acceptance for Membership shall be posted on the Clan-Recruitment thread by any General. The Letter of Acceptance for Membership shall be as follows:

(Insert Applicants Name),

Thank you for your application.

Congratulations! You are accepted.

You will start with a probationary rank of Recruit for three [3] days. At the end of this period you will obtain the highest rank available to you at that time.

Please add (Include names of all active generals. Ex, ‘The Draziw’, ‘Sethron 666’, Kappathegray’ and any others) to your friends list.

Please Post on this thread, so that you can profile it for future access:
(Insert Current Clan Home Thread Title)
(Insert Current Clan Home QFC#)
Any inter-clan communication should be done on this thread, not on the present recruitment thread.

Also, Please Remember to Be Present in the Clan CC (Insert Present Clan Chat Channel Name) whenever possible.

Thank you for joining!

(Insert General’s Personal Signature and any signoff notes)

(3) Letter of Rejection for Membership- Letter of rejection for Membership shall be posted by a General given an applicant has been caught falsifying their application, is a past member of the clan who was banned, or does not meet clan requirements. The Letter shall be posted on the current Clan- Recruitment thread, and shall be as follows:

(Insert Applicants Name),

I must regretfully inform you that your application has been rejected.

(Insert Reason, give Specifics)

Thank you for your interest, we hope you find the clan you are looking for!

(Insert General’s Personal Signature and any signoff notes)``

(4) Application for Alliance- Application for Alliance shall be made on the current Clan- Recruitment thread by the leader, or proper representative of, another clan. The Application should be filled out in this format:

Clan Name:
Primary Clan QFC:
Number of Clan Members:
Average Total Level of Members:
Average Combat Level of Members (P2P/F2P):
Requirements to Join:
Primary Purpose of Clan (Ie. Social, Skilling, Combat):

Individual submitting application’s rank in their Clan (or respective position):

(5) Letter of Acceptance of Alliance- the Letter of Acceptance of Alliance shall be made by any General after the necessary actions are made to ensure the decision to accept or reject the alliance is legal as outlined in this constitution. The letter will be posted on the Applicant Clan’s Thread, as well as on the current Clan- Home thread and current Clan- Recruitment thread. The Letter of Acceptance shall read as follows:

(Insert Name of Applicant Clan),

We are pleased to say, you Alliance has been Accepted!

Please keep us posted on any pertinent information regarding your clan.

Our Leaders are (Insert Names of Active Generals), please contact any of them with questions.

Happy Questing!

(6) Letter of Rejection of Alliance- the Letter of Rejection of Alliance shall be made by any General after the necessary actions are made to ensure the decision to accept or reject the alliance is legal as outlined in this constitution. The letter will be posted on the Applicant Clan’s Thread and the current Clan- Recruitment Thread.

(Insert Applicant Clan’s Name),

I must regretfully inform you that your application for Alliance has been rejected.

(Insert Reason, give Specifics)

Hopefully you find a clan who see’s your alliance as beneficial, and helps to make both of your clans grow. Happy Questing!

(7) Letter of Rank Update- This Letter shall be made after a promotion has been obtained by a clan member, and shall be posted by any General on the current Clan- Home page. It should read as Follows

Attention Questing Clan, (Insert Name of Player who has ranked) has obtained the rank of (insert new rank) due to their (insert reason for promotion).

Congratulations!

(Cool Letter of Change for Clan Specifics- This should be posted on every clan thread in the event that a clan specific is changed. Any general may make this Notice, as follows:

Attention Questing Clan!

The Following Changes have been made to the clan specifics:
(Detail Changes)
Contact a General or Captain with Questions!

(9) Letter of Intent to Host Formal Event- The Letter of Intent to Host Formal Event shall be posted by a General on the current Clan- Home thread when a formal event has been planned and organized. It should appear as follows:

Attention Questing Clan!

Time: (date) (time GMT) (time EST)
Location in Game:
Details of Event:

If you cannot make this event, please state as such on the forum thread to ensure you are counted as excused.

(10) Letter of Roster Sweep- Posted on All Clan Threads after an official roster Sweeps. Posted by any general.

Attention Questing Clan!

The Following Member(s) have been removed from our clan roster due to inactivity:

(Insert Names)
(Insert Names)

If you know that any person on this list is in fact active, please contact a General or Captain!

(11) Formal Notices- Posted on thread of import for any issue necessitating a Formal Notice

Attention Questing Clan!

(Details of Notice)

(12) Event Summary Notes

Attention Questing Clan!
(Summary of Event)
Signature of Clan Member

(13) Clan Invitation- Invitation may be posted by any member, and does not have to follow this structure specifically.

(Insert Name of Invited Player)

May this serve as a formal invitation to join The Questing Clan of Runescape. We are a group of mature Questers dedicated to Questing, Lores, Diaries, and all aspects of Runescape. If you are looking for a clan filled with members who actually know the game of runescape, our clan is for you!

Our Numbers say it all:
(Insert Clan Statistics)

Check us out!
(Insert Clan Specifics)

(Insert Clan Logo)

ARTICLE XIV- Affiliation with Other Groups

The QC shall affiliate with any other clans sharing the interests of this clan. Affiliation must be done with a three-fifths (3/5) vote by the Upper Council.

ARTICLE XV- Activity requirements.

Activity requirements of The QC Shall be as follows.

A member within the period of one calendar month must do one of the following actions to be considered active: (1) complete a quest, (2) obtain 100,000 experience points in any combination of skills, (3) post a single post on either the clan home, or clan recruitment thread.

Activity may also be determined by attendance at Mandatory Events. However, attendance at these events is not actually mandatory, as members may choose to post their intent of absence on the current clan home thread, and are then considered to be under excused absence.

Note- Activity shall –not- be defined as: (1) Actively participating in informal clan events, (2) Actively participating in the clan chat channel, or (3) Actively posting in clan threads.

ARTICLE XVI- Events

The Creators of this clan researched other clan policies (even joined a couple clans) before creating this one. A primary characteristic of clans was their need to hold clan events, and punish members for not attending. The purpose of these events, to a careful observer is not to actually hold the event, but to serve as a means of attendance for the clans.

Noticing the necessity of events to maintain an accurate roster of a clan, we do not state Clan events will never occur. However, while formal events may occur they will be an incredible rarity. If a formal event does occur, it will most likely take place on the current clan world.

Informal events will occur as suggested and organized by members. These events are not mandatory and are simply for the entertainment of all present. Any person in the cc may suggest an event, and any who attend may do so at their own discretion. (Example event idea… Spamming the GE with QP Cape Emotes >>HEHE<< )

Whenever a new quest is released, it is considered a Formal Event, but attendance in the cc is not mandatory as we realize real world “Stuff” happens. Join us when possible.

If a formal event is planned (similar to the wedding of ‘The Draziw’ and ‘Sethron 666’) it will be posted on the thread, and mentioned in the cc for weeks in advance.

ARTICLE XVII- Nondiscriminatory Clause

The QC shall not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, nationality, ancestry, gender, age, handicap, or sexual orientation in the selection of its members.

ARTICLE XVIII- Amendments

All Amendments included in the constitution must go through the following process: (1) a written proposal of the change(s) must be Posted on the current Clan Home Thread, and (2) a three-fifths [3/5] majority vote by all Generals must be obtained.

Any Member may propose a Constitutional Amendment.

AMMENDMENTS

Amendment 1

“Captain: A player may obtain the rank of Captain in a few ways: (1) hold the rank of Lieutenant for more than six [6] months, or (2) Holds the rank of Lieutenant and receives active suggestion from any four [4] captains, or any two [2] Generals.” As of April 10th, 2010.

Amendment 2

shall serve as an addition to the formalities outlined in article 13.

"
~!~ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION~!~

Our clan is not incredibly picky about its membership. Players not meeting our clan requirements may participate in the Clan Chat. With that said, joining our clan and becoming a full member is no longer as easy as it was in our first few months.

If a player wishes to join our clan, they may apply to our clan on this thread. Their application is reviewed, and a member of our clan's High council asserts their accuracy and honesty, and provides them with a probationary rank of recruit. This player then hold the recruit rank for a period of seven(7) days.

At the end of this seven day probation period, the recruit moves into the Decision stage of their membership. A high council member posts on the clan home thread that all Low-Council members should vote on the new decidee's status in the clan. A decidee must obtain 3 positive Low-council votes within a period of seven(7) days. A non-vote by a low-councilmen, or a negative vote by a low-councilmen does not count against the decidee.

If the person gets 3 votes, they become a full member of the clan, and obtain the highest rank obtainable at that time.

To anyone who reads this, this seems a very difficult task. However, If you are a person who joins the cc, and are present, you will recieve the votes.

*Not obtaining the votes leads to one of three options. (1) The recruit may recieve rank if 50% of all generals vote to approve acceptance. (2) the applicant may apply again. (3) The applicant takes the lack of 3 votes as a sign of their non-compatibility or lack of presence in the cc, and moves to another clan more suitable to their needs."

As of May 3rd, 2010.

Amendment 3

Captains shall hold equal authority to probationarily accept an applicant to the clan, and the applicant will be fully accepted by a general.

This amendment dissolves the changes affected in amendment two, and holds precedent on all related topics through this constitution.

Takes effect June 9th, 2010

Amendment 4

The requirements for Promotion to captain shall be changed to:

"Captain: A player may obtain the rank of Captain in a few ways: (1) Holds the rank of Lieutenant and receives active suggestion from two-fifths [2/5] of all current captains, or (2) one-third [1/3] of Generals or (3) a combination of the two, with 1 general equaling [1/5th] of captains in vote. "

and this amendment shall superceed any prior statement here within.

Effective as of October 1st, 2010

Ammendment 5

Shall grant Judicial authority to an Electorate Body, henceforth named “The Honor Council” that will act with the authority of the high council on all issue regarding the clan and its membership's honor. The Body shall author a piece of literature that shall outline the expectations of all members of QC and will be addressed as the “Code of Ethics”

Effective October 1st, 2010

Amendment 6

Rule 9 which currently reads: “(9) Do not report other clan members for minor issues in the Clan Chat channel. “ shall be removed in its entirety and shall be replaced with: “(9) All Clan Members must abide to our Code of Ethics.” Which shall refer to amendment 5.

Effective October 1st, 2010

Amendment 7

The Code of Ethics as written by the Honor council shall be displayed as follows and provided upon request to any clan member:

"Introduction

Members of Clan Quest are expected to conduct themselves ethically toward our visitors and each other, as members of a united community, and as leaders guiding the clan.
Ethical behavior is a source of pride within Clan Quest. Some clans may tolerate infighting, name-calling, poor manners, and cliques, but Clan Quest strives for dignity and respect. This higher standard keeps our clan strong.
Rules and ethics are not the same
A rule is a requirement we must follow. If we don’t, there are tangible consequences, whether small or large. For Clan Quest members, breaking a rule could result in anything from a quick verbal correction (Clan consequence) to the severity of a permanent ban from Runescape (Jagex consequence).
Ethics refer to actions, not rules. Ethics call for high standards of justice, fairness and respect. They call for compromise, willingness to accept others with very different ideas, and the patience to work out difficulties.
Ethics can’t be “broken.” They might be ignored, but unlike the visible consequences of rule breaking, the results of unethical behavior are felt, not seen: disruption, disrespect, distrust, pain, anger - conflict instead of unity.
The rules of Clan Quest incorporate all Jagex rules, many of which reinforce ethical action. The Clan adds a few additional rules designed to protect its members and enhance the welcoming helpfulness that sets the Clan apart. All Clan applicants must agree to uphold these ethical principles.

CODE OF ETHICS: FOUR AREAS OF ACTION

~ Ethical Actions Toward Visitors: Clan Chat~

Clan members are expected to represent the Clan honorably within the chat channel, whether talking to other members or to visitors.

As stated in the Clan description, “the primary purpose of the clan is the Clan Chat.” This is where we share our knowledge about quests, lores, strategies, tips and tricks. Clan Quest is very public, hosting 5-15 visitors every day. This visibility puts a spotlight on our behavior and values.

Bossiness, criticism, sarcasm, complaining, and other negative speech are against the values of the clan. Therefore, the Clan places special emphasis on certain Jagex rules, and clarifies them with a few more to reinforce ethical behavior in the chat. These emphases include avoiding offensive speech or behavior, dealing with conflict privately, and not reporting clan members to Jagex for minor offenses. Following these ethical rules keeps the Clan Chat calm, helpful, and focused.
Visitors to our clan will observe the high level of ethics we show toward each other. This characteristic will attract the finest quality of member to our clan.
If something “offensive” occurs, the ethical action is to not to argue or threaten to report, but to alert a Captain or General in private (pm). Members can be confident that Clan leadership knows what to do, and will do it.

~Ethical Action Within the Clan Community~

Clan members are expected to be “good neighbors“ to each other.
Clan members enjoy privileges such as off-site socializing and in-game fun. Everybody has an equal right to initiate activities, speak up in clan forums, contact leadership, propose changes, bring up concerns or complaints, expect fair solutions, and participate in every aspect of community life. Acting with integrity toward other “citizens” within this established community minimizes disruption or unhappiness, whether in the chat, offline, or off-site.

~Ethical Action Toward Other Members~

Clan members are expected to treat each other respectfully at all times.
Every single clan member has fulfilled the membership requirements, and therefore has a right to courtesy and assistance. This does not depend on personality, conflict with others, poor decisions, or other flaws. Each of us has faults, yet we are all entitled to respect while pursuing our shared goal of completing the quests and diaries.
Not only do we have the duty to act ethically toward each other, we have the right to expect the same. Members should contact leadership if they feel unethical behavior is hurtful to themselves or the clan.
Gossip and/or flaming are never acceptable. This is for the well-being of the clan. Private conversation is just that, private, but public conversation in the chat or forums should reflect the ethical values we uphold in every other part of our shared clan life.

~Ethical Action By Clan Leadership~
Our Clan leadership is held to the highest standards of ethical behavior at all times. In return, Clan members are expected to support the Clan Leadership and its efforts to govern well.
Clan Leadership must be honest, fair and helpful toward all members, and must represent the clan honorably both publicly and within the clan. It must provide an example for members of how to follow its own rules as well as Jagex rules.
Over time, this Clan has developed a trustworthy structure. The High Council and Low Council have well-defined responsibilities and are in constant contact to fulfill them. Generals and captains have clear roles and limits. Membership requirements are public and applied without bias. Rules are openly stated and enforced fairly.
Any member who believes another clan member or the leadership itself has acted unethically should contact the Honor Council. The Honor Council is another part of our Clan that sets us apart from others. It is a group of three clan members whose responsibility is to mediate disputes and decide whether actions within the clan are fair and honorable.

In summary, ethical behavior is expected in all areas of Clan Quest life. We have a reputation among ourselves, and in public, for our fairness, respect, and helpfulness. We can be proud of this reputation and strive to maintain it. As a result, our Clan will continue to attract members of high character and integrity, making us a shining star among all of RuneScape‘s clans."

Effective October 2nd, 2010.
Back to top Go down

Clan Constitution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Quest :: GAME/FORUM RULES-
Jump to: